Arctic - Sail & Ski Svalbard
Your arctic ski adventure in the last untouched wilderness of Europe with guaranteed natural highlights that are no longer easy to beat on our planet.
The headlamp, a MUST HAVE for every outdoor trip. No, not everyone, you don't have to pack them this time, as the sun no longer leaves the horizon in May.
Instead, pack binoculars, because with a bit of luck you can watch the “wonders of the polar region” polar bears, walruses and whales on our "boat safari".
Nanook - King of the Arctic - Polar Bear - the master of bears
On Svalbard there is a high probability that we will see polar bears, not only from a safe boat, but also on a ski tour. That is why the safety equipment when we go ashore always includes a flare pistol and a long weapon.
Svalbard - Longyearbyen: early May - mid June 2023
- Group size: at least / maximum 10 people + 2 mountain guides - small groups are always the key to success on expeditions
- Language: German / English
- Duration: 8 days
- Difficulty level: Level 3 - 4 & fitness for daily ascents of 1200 meters
- Expedition leader: UIAGM mountain guide - Peter Bacher
- Safety: We have a satellite phone with us for emergencies on our expeditions
- Expedition ships: OCEAN B - 20 meter steel motor sailer - 1 Zodiac - 2 man crew -- -- MV ULLA RINMAN - 24 meter long Motor Yacht - with 2 Zodiacs - Year built: 1970 - Originally an icebreaker for the Swedish Rescue Society - Converted to an expedition yacht 2005 - 3 man crew
- Spa on the boat: tent sauna, shower
- Meals: full board, packed lunch on a ski tour - please inform the tour operator about vegetarian, vegan cuisine or any intolerances in advance.
- Drinks: All inclusive, except alcoholic drinks
At the northernmost freeride location in the world you can experience one of your most unusual skiing adventures in the Arctic Circle with us.
With polar bear, whale and walrus safari included.
On this trip there are no time limits for ski touring, since we have daylight "all polar day", we can adapt our tours to the best conditions around the clock, depending on the weather situation. That means 24.00 tour flexibility.
On our chartered expedition yachts OCEAN B and ULLA RINMAN, we have dinghies available that make landing easier and take us to our ski tour destinations.
For our shore excursions or ski tours, we offer 2 groups with 5 guests each and 2 UIAGM mountain guides who guarantee maximum safety.
On our moving base camp, the steel icebreaker yachts, we have enough space to chill or to observe nature on the bridge deck, ideally equipped with weatherproof clothing, binoculars and a camera.
Svalbard - Sail & Ski Expeditons in the Arctic
The expedition guides, the wealth of experience counts
Our Polish Captain Andrzej born 1960. Sailor, technical inspector for yacht building, has been at sea for 50 years.
Has been sailing around the Arctic Ocean as a captain with the expedition yachts OCEAN B and OCEAN A for 10 years.
Previously mostly with scientists.
For many years he has skippered ski adventurers to the ski touring spots in Svalbard - Spitsbergen.
So he knows this area like the back of his hand.
Born 1974. UIAGM mountain guide, hang glider and paraglider pilot.
For 27 years he has been guiding accident-free in outdoor sports as a mountain guide, flight, surf, ski and snowboard instructor.
In 2007 he founded ROCKnSNOW Alpin Guiding.
Freeriding his passion makes Peter his "workhorse".
As a tour operator and tour leader, he continues with his
ROCK the WORLD travel program dream tours with his guests into reality.
Expedition Yacht - Ocean B
MV Ulla Rinman - Your bascamp at sea
Ski touring in the land of polar bears - Arctic Ocean - Svalbard - Spitsbergen
Flight with a stopover in Oslo to Tromsø or directly to Svalbard - Longyearbyen.
- Ski boots / snowboard boots + ski touring clothing always belong in the hand luggage, as it is almost impossible to get the right ski boot in the event of a pastry delay or a pastry loss from the respective airline.
- Because of the customs procedure outside the EU, each participant MUST check out the pastries at Oslo Airport and check them in again for the onward flight.
Onward flight to Longyearbyen - private transfer from the airport to the port - material check - embarkation with boat briefing
And finally it's time to cast off, our adventure begins and the OZEAN B or the MV ULLA RINMAN takes us to our first ski touring spot.
DAY 2 - 7:
Taking into account the weather, avalanches, swell and the pack ice report including polar bear situation, the day's goals are discussed with the expedition crew. The captain and mountain guide determine the daily program.
In the morning we arrive at Longyearbyen harbor. Goodbye in the afternoon and flight home.
Material check - packing lists for ski touring travel - vaccinations and illnesses
Illnesses, allergies, intolerances, vaccinations:
- Health check, any diabetes, musculoskeletal complaints, intolerance, etc. must be reported to the tour operator when booking the trip.
- All of our ROCK the WORLD expeditions require all vaccinations required in the respective country. A full Covid vaccination or Covid antibody immunity is mandatory.
Packing list for ski touring expeditions:
- Round-trip flight to Longyearbyen (we will be happy to help you with flight reservations)
- All activities on land that are not in the travel program
- Alcoholic drinks on board
- Service on board (telephone, internet, laundry)
- Ski touring or splitboard equipment
- Additional costs that arise outside of our specified travel plan Travel
Terms of Service
I have read the ROCKnSNOW General terms and conditions + travel conditions and accept them.
I take note of the standard information sheet for package travel contracts