Hike & Fly
Back to the roots
In the early years of paragliding the glider was mostly used as a descent method for mountaineer. The new Trent goes back to this philosophy. Meanwhile, the equipment has become more mature and, of course, much safer. With 6,5 kg total weight it is a lot easier than the complete ski touring equipment.
We have an ideal terrain for the hike & fly action in Zillertal.
3 different floors: Starting points at 1200 meters, starting points at 2000 meters and the highest ones at over 3000 meters.
At the good Hike & Fly launches, we have mostly mountain meadows available, without hardwood shrubbery, where a stress-free take off without a rope hanger is feasible.
Depending on the high level wind and thermal quality, we can therefore choose the most attractive flight mountain.
The home mountain of ROCKnSNOW has to offer the best good morning thermal point in Zillertal.
All the thermal birds of the Tuxertal start the flight day at Magic Mountain. When hiking along the 40° steep mountain meadows soaring eagle, rabe and co a few yards away from our heads. As the ornithologist´s heart is already filled with happiness.
- Optionally we can make a classic moutain tour from the landing place or a combination of cable car use and thereby shortened hike to the launch place.
- Depending on the conditons we make tours with glid flights, thermal flights or cross country flights
We are looking forward to glide with you over the Zillertaler mountain world.
- Details: 1 - 2 flights, depending on tour planning.
- Requirements: Paragliding Licens B, Independent Paragliding (backwards launching + landings on small landing fealds has to be 100% safety mastered ) ONLY for well versed Paraglider pilots - on the independent flight assume ROCKnSNOW no liability!!
- AGB: The Hike & Fly AGB has to be read before a tour with ROCKnSNOW care and also to sign the AGB
- Number of customers: 1 - 4 persons
- Equipment: Own mountaineering Paraglider + Harness with Airbag (maximum weight 7 kg)
- Our Services: Flight and route planning (starting mountain + flight route + landing place) - Mountain guide - paraglider flight - Thermal announcement - Radio - Photographs to download. With your own USB- stick, you pick up your photos in orginal size, at the mountain guide office