Canyoning in the Zillertal
Splashing for advanced ;-)
This is pure adventure. Feel the vigour and power of water, go with the current through a natural canyon.
Jumping, sliding, abseiling, climbing, swimming and diving are the means of canyoning. I lead you through a beautiful gorge in the Ziller Valley.
Due to the hard gneiss stone of the upper Ziller Valley, magnificent and bizarre rock formations have been created. Experience the unique formation of nature along with adventure and adrenalin.
ROCKnSNOW offers canyoning tours exclusively in private groups!
Diffculty grades in the Ziller Valley:
> Level 1: River bed hike with several swiming passages, small jumps and slides, ideal for families.
> Level 2: Good for canyoning beginners, children from 12 years old - wild water schwimming, (fast and slow), jumps and slides up to 8 metres, several climbing passages and abseiling to 15 metres.
> Level 3: More difficult, challenging gorge, relatively harder then Level 2, good body and psycological fitness, independant and setting up of abseiling passages, good teamwork needed. Place: Hintertux Schraubenwasserfall (Marble canyon)
- Level 2 + Level 1 - If the condition is still sufficient and the gorge of alpine dangers is safe, we can go through the entire Zemm, otherwise there is an intermediate exit.
- Description: Canyoning tour in one of the gorges of the upper Ziller Valley
- Requirements: Not water shy, swimming is necessary
- Equipment: Towel, swimming costume, sport shoes that will get wet
- Rent: Climbing and wild water equipment(abseiling harness, wet-suit, helmet and rope)
- Our Services: Canyoning guide - free photographs to download - With your own USB- stick, you pick up your photos in orginal size, at the mountain guide office