Norway - Sail & Ski Lyngen Alps
Ski & splitboard tours north of the Arctic Circle
Discover your dream ski tours with us in this fascinating landscape.
Surfing the powder mountain to the beach in the light of the midnight sun, these are the highlights of this unforgettable ROCK the WORLD trip.
- Tromsø -> Tromsø: from 22. April 2023 to 30. April 2023
- Tromsø -> Alta: from 30. April 2023 to 7. May 2023
- Group size: Minimum / maximum of 6 people - small groups are always the key to success on expeditions
- Language: German / English
- Duration: 8 days
- Difficulty level: Level 3 - 4 & fitness for daily ascents of 1000 meters
- Expedition leader: UIAGM mountain guide - Peter Bacher
- Safety: We have a satellite phone with us for emergencies on our expeditions
- Expedition ship: ARCTIC EAGLE a state-of-the-art sailing catamaran -- -- COMRADES a wooden fishing cutter year of construction: 1958 - converted to an expedition yacht by 2022
- Spa on the boat: At the Comerades: sauna, hot tub, shower
- Meals: Full board, packed lunch on a ski tour - vegetarian, vegan cuisine or any intolerance please inform the tour operator in advance.
- Drinks: All inclusive, except alcoholic drinks
For this expedition we have two types of boats to choose from in the charter program: a state-of-the-art, luxurious sailing catamaran, the "Arctic Eagle" or an old fishing cutter that was converted into an expedition yacht by 2022, the "Comrades".
On the rustic Comrades "also called the floating alpine hut" or the Artic Eagle Catameran you sail with us to the best ski touring destinations that this breathtaking landscape of snow-capped mountains and fiords has to offer.
The Lyngen Alps are actually no longer an insider tip, but with our "freeride ship" we can still find uncomfortable powder runs away from the classic ski tours.
The willingness for the extraordinary is very important to our motivated, small team, which is why we are even ready to organize a midnight ski tour, provided the weather allows.
Another advantage is that we are not dependent on a strict tour plan for our mini cruise and can therefore always offer the best possible. Since we have 24 hours of daylight at this time of the year, we can also start a ski tour in the afternoon, for example if a cold front has passed through beforehand, which brought us fresh POWDER.
So the right timing is essential to get a MEGA touring event every day and this flexibility will make the ski touring expedition a huge success that you will never forget for a lifetime ;-))
Arctic Eagle - Sail Catamaran
Large, luxurious sailing catamaran with lots of space on board. The double bed rooms are located in the bow and stern of both hulls.
Ski touring Heaven - Northwest Norway - Lyngen Alps
Flight with a stopover in Oslo.
- Ski boots / snowboard boots + ski touring clothing always belong in hand luggage, as it is almost impossible to get the right ski boot in the event of a pastry delay or a pastry loss from the respective airline.
- Because of the customs procedure outside the EU, each participant MUST check out the pastries at Oslo Airport and check them in again for the onward flight.
Onward flight to Tromsø - private transfer from the airport to the port - material check - if someone has forgotten something, they can get the necessary equipment at a sports store in Tromsø at the last minute - embarkation with boat briefing
And finally it's time to cast off, our adventure begins and the Arctic Eagle or the Comrades takes us to our first ski touring spot.
DAY 2 - 7:
Taking into account the weather, avalanches and swell reports, the daily goals are discussed with the expedition crew. The captain and mountain guide determine the daily program.
The daily program includes:
- The boat trip to the ski touring destination - shuttle service with the zodiac or dinghy to the beach
- A ski tour out and return or a mountain range crossing
- Chill on the boat at the Comardes with sauna and hot tub
- Fishing & Sea Kayaking
In the mornings we arrive at the port of Tromsø for the 1st appointment variant and at the port of Alta for the 2nd appointment variant.
Goodbye in the afternoon and flight home.
Material check - packing lists for ski touring travel - vaccinations and illnesses
Illnesses, allergies, intolerances, vaccinations:
- Health check, any diabetes, musculoskeletal complaints, intolerance, etc. must be reported to the tour operator when booking the trip.
- All of our ROCK the WORLD expeditions require all vaccinations required in the respective country. A full Covid vaccination or Covid antibody immunity is mandatory.
Packing list for ski touring expeditions:
- Round-trip flight to Tromsö or Alta (we will be happy to help you with flight reservations)
- All activities on land that are not in the travel program
- Alcoholic drinks on board
- Service on board (telephone, internet, laundry)
- Ski touring or splitboard equipment
- Additional costs that arise outside of our specified travel plan
- Travel insurance
Terms of Service
I have read the ROCKnSNOW General terms and conditions + travel conditions and accept them.
I take note of the standard information sheet for package travel contracts