Crossing the Tirol
1. Freeride- Thermal Tour: From Zillertal to Ötztal
This is our Crossing the Tirol "chill out" Tour. Meeting time is at the bottom station at the Hintertuxer Gletscher at 8.15.
We ride from the Olperer Mountain to Vals or Schmirn. From there we hit the Taxi to Stubaier Gletscher. With the Lifts we get up to Daunjoch and from there we ride the Suztal glacier to Gries in Ötztal. We hit a Taxi again to the Thermal Baths Längenfeld. ( Aqua Dome )
In the pool and in the sauna we make the chill out time from this perfect day.
- Dont forget the swimming trunks ;-)
2. From Zillertal to Pitztal / 7 glaciers in one day
7 glaciers in one day.
With ROCKnSNOW, for the first time, it is possible to cross the Tirol in one day, from the Ziller Valley to the Pitz Valley.
Starting very early in the morning, the longest freeride through the Alps in one day.
The route sounds adventurous, included are 4 glacier ski areas with altogether 7 glaciers to cross.
Starting after an overnight stay at Hintertuxer glacier, we will hike up for sunrise to the Wildlahnerscharte on the Olperer (3200m). From there we ski/board over the Olperer into Valser or the Schmirn Valley.
A taxi takes us on further to the Stubai Valley, here we travel up with the Stubaier Gletscherbahngondola. On the Daunscharte (3150m) awaits the first abseil passage. After a freeride on the Sulztalferner we reach Gries in the Sulz Valley (Ötz Valley).With a taxi to Sölden the adventurer gets a short breather.
The downhill from the Rettenbachferner in the Pitz Valley to the Mittelberg is a challenge. As an alternative you can ride with the gondola to the Tiefenbachjoch and after an abseil passage over the 'Saddle from Left' Fernerkogel then a downhill to Mittelberg.
There is approx. 5000 m of altitude differnce to conquer.
You wont forget rockn through the Tirol
3. The Hot Route for Freerider / 2 days Superlative
from the Ziller Valley to Langtauferer Valley after Melag / Italy.
If after the first monster day of this mega trip you have still not had enough. Then you can extend an extra day and ride onto Melag in the South Tirol Italy.
On the second day after an overnight stay in a 4 star hotel you carry on with your guide from ROCKnSNOW in the Rifflseebahn gondola up to the Grubenkopf. From here is the first option to the Rifflbach (500 m altitude).
Then it's 800 m of altitude difference to climb to the Rostizjoch (3100m).
From here it's 1300 m altitude difference into the Kauner Valley to the Gepatsch reservoir. On arrival we ride with the ski bus to the Kauner Valley Glacier and with the gondola to the Karlesjoch 3100m.
The last run of 1200 m of altitude difference to Melag – Italy should have your freeride heart moving into another dimension!
After 2 days to riding backcountry we have downhilled approx.
8000 m of altitude difference and only had to climb up 800 m using your own steam.
- Details: We stay overnight at the Hintertuxer glacier. At sunrise we go from Olperer to Vals and at approx. On the 2 day tour our last run brings us direct to the 4 star hotel in Mandarfen. We can relax in the sauna, the next day the grand finale starts.
- Qualifications: Freeride Level 4 - Top fit
- Equipment: Freeride-Ski: Between 100mm - 130mm below binding with front or double rocker + freeride skitouring binding and skins // Freeride Snowboard, the best alternative is a splitboard // Freeride hire: see Insider
- Safety equipment: Rent avalanche airbag, avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel
- Our Services: Mountain guide (select the perfect and safest lines depending on snow conditions and avalanche risk) - Freeride run delux - Photographs to download. With your own USB- stick, you pick up your photos in orginal size, at the mountain guide office
Crossing the Tirol
Hintertuxer Gletscher -> Stubaier Gletscher -> Ötztaler Gletscher -> Pitztaler Gletscher