Avalanche Safety Training for Freeriders
Safety first !!
A beautiful day, fresh snow off piste, untracked runs, Freeride - absolute bliss!
These conditions makes a Powderheart beat harder. With professional guides from ROCKnSNOW you'll surf safer on the best off-piste runs. Of course apart from the fun factor, safety knowledge should be at the top of the list.
... Avalanche !!!
Your mountain guide shows you the various dangers in off-piste. This pratical instruction on the mountain teaches you to realise the dangers.
Through different factors, i.e. avalanche reports, wind, weather conditions, off-piste formations you gain more saftey know how.
Before every Freerideday we make an avalanche search training with avalanche pieps.
- Dates: Our freeride, ski & splitboard tours can be booked daily throughout the winter season from November to the end of April
- Details: Meeting point is at 8.40 a.m. in the Insider Sportshop at the Rastkogelbahn in Vorderlanersbach / Tux or at 9.00 a.m. at the valley station of the Hintertux Glacier. We ride all day with or without a lunch break (please bring a drink and a snack). Powder end is around 4.00 p.m. or earlier if you get tired.
- Qualifications: Freeride Level 2, Level 3, Level 4 or you have already attended a technique course with ROCKnSNOW
- Equipment: Freeride-Ski: Between 100mm - 130mm below binding with front or double rocker + freeride skitouring binding and skins // Freeride Snowboard, the best alternative is a splitboard // Freeride hire: see Insider
- Safety equipment: Rent avalanche airbag, avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel
- Our Services: Mountain guide (select the perfect and safest lines depending on snow conditions and avalanche risk) - Alpine safety training - You will receive photos that your guide takes during the day directly on your mobile phone after the tour