Ice climbing on the Hintertuxer Glacier
Ice climbing at summertime, is it possible?
At the Hintertuxer glacier we have a beautiful natural ice climbing barcour near the Tuxerfernerhaus at the lower end of the glacier.
On the glacier slopes, crevasses and ice flanks we can spend the day with the necessary ice climbing techniques. Secured on the rope we have fun in the 1000 years old frozen water.
This tour is also good with ice climbing beginners. Since the ice climbing day can be made easy or difficult depending on the climbing requirements.
With us you will learn:
- Anseiling and walk with crampons on the glacier ice
- Ice flanks and crevasses with the ice axe to cope
- In steep, vertical glacier crevasses abseil and climb with 2 ice axes in toprop secured
- Ice climbing day on the Hintertuxer glacier
- Requirements: Fun in the ice
- Equipment: Climbing clothes, mountaineering boots, gaiters, sun cream and gloves.
- Rent: Climbing equipment ( harness, ice axe, crampons,... )
- Our services: Mountain guide - You will receive photos that your guide takes during the day directly on your mobile phone after the tour