Tandem Paraglider flight from the Hintertuxer Glacier
On the Hintertuxer Gletscher is the highest Paraglider take off place in Austria, on 3250 meter.
If we have ideal wind conditions in fact 0 high wind or light breeze from North-West we can start at the Gletscherbus 3. At light North wind we have a take off place on 3000 meters as well.
Because of the exosed location and the great hight next to the high mountain range is a flight not always working. You need a bit of weather luck in your holidays, then its possible to make this magic flight safely.
With favorable wind conditions, it is a dream to glid over glacier ice.
Because of the thin air on over 3000 meters it is recommended also in summertime to launch with skis, provided you can ski. With special snowblades from us you can tighten the bindings on your mountain boots.
Passenger weight is from 20 kg -> 100 kg.
- Tandem Paraglider flight from the Hintertuxer glacier
- Details: approx 1/2 hour flight time
- Qualifications: Experience not neccessary. At the start you just have to run a few steps or you can use our mini skis.
- Quantity: 1 Person
- Equipment: Sturdy shoes/boots or skis
- Our Services: Paraglider-pilot with over 20 years accident free tandem flying experience - tandem parachute - helmet - free photographs to download - With your own USB- stick, you pick up your photos in orginal size, at the mountain guide office